1969 Imperial progress thread

Not a lot of boobs, but fitting for this thread

View attachment 43747

Uh, damn hot Imperial. Even the same color! Not the wheels I prefer but looks great! I like the original mirrors better than the '70 ones tho.

That's the ride hight I want to have someday!

Where did you find this pic? Never saw it before... Are there more of it?

Does this mean you'll still restore some stuff for me......?

Of course I'll do! flag_german.gif flag_usa.gif

flag_german.gif

flag_usa.gif

Uh, damn hot Imperial. Even the same color! Not the wheels I prefer but looks great! I like the original mirrors better than the '70 ones tho.

That's the ride hight I want to have someday!

Where did you find this pic? Never saw it before... Are there more of it?

I have to correct me myself. The more I look at these wheels, the more I like 'em! Fits the car pretty good!

And Boston Cream Pie is not from Boston.
Also, Bostonians don't eat Boston Baked Beans.
They eat pizza, McDonalds, and Chinese food like everyone else.
Oops. Sorry for the diversion. :D

Posted via Topify on Android

Was never reduced to that until I moved to the east. Before that we ate, steak, and game, and mexican food.

After 5 start-ups because of broken, missing and heavily rusted, non working parts, I finally finished my headlamp door motor!

And as usual, I dokumented everything with pictures! :)

a1_Bildgröße ändern.jpg
a2_Bildgröße ändern.jpg
b1_Bildgröße ändern.jpg
b2.jpg
Headlamps - Motor - 023_Bildgröße ändern.jpg
Headlamps - Motor - 170_Bildgröße ändern.jpg
x1a_Bildgröße ändern.jpg
x1b_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

The fiberglass brush carrier plate brittled apart after 40 years... I tried to repair it with resin but without success... Finally I made a new one out of aluminium.
x1c_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

a1_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

a2_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

b1_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

b2.jpg

Headlamps - Motor - 023_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

Headlamps - Motor - 170_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

x1a_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

x1b_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

x1c_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

x2a_Bildgröße ändern.jpg
x2b_Bildgröße ändern.jpg
x2c_Bildgröße ändern.jpg
x3a_Bildgröße ändern.jpg
x3aa_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

Gaskets for this motor are not available, I made them by myself by using Abode Illustrator to "recreate" them digitally to print them onto new gasketmaterial.
x4a_Bildgröße ändern.jpg
x4b_Bildgröße ändern.jpg
x4c_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

x5a_Bildgröße ändern.jpg
x5b_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

x2a_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

x2b_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

x2c_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

x3a_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

x3aa_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

x4a_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

x4b_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

x4c_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

x5a_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

x5b_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

Derusted and painted all parts. No more rust I hope!

x6a_Bildgröße ändern.jpg
x6b_Bildgröße ändern.jpg
x6c_Bildgröße ändern.jpg
x6d_Bildgröße ändern.jpg
x6e_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

I had to drill out the old phillips screws... I replaced them with metric M6 alanhead stainless screws.
x6f_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

I didn't like how the upper wire looked like and rerouted it into the clamp to run them with the other two cables into the new weather pack connector.
x7a_Bildgröße ändern.jpg
x7b_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

x8a_Bildgröße ändern.jpg
x8b_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

I'm really happy how it came out! :)

x6a_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

x6b_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

x6c_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

x6d_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

x6e_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

x6f_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

x7a_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

x7b_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

x8a_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

x8b_Bildgröße ändern.jpg

That aluminum brush holder isn't going to work. The fiber one electrically insulated the two brushes from each other.

I don't know why, but somehow I thought alunimium doesn't conducts current... obviously, I was wrong -_- I should have read about it before. I had so much trouble with this motor, I don't need another problem...

But I think, that's the lerning curve... I learned somethink for life. Back to the plotting table.

Holy F---!

This was always impressive, but now it's insane. I can't find the time to pull off a door panel, and you're making gaskets from scratch.

Wow.

I don't know why, but somehow I thought alunimium doesn't conducts current... obviously, I was wrong -_- I should have read about it before. I had so much trouble with this motor, I don't need another problem...

But I think, that's the lerning curve... I learned somethink for life. Back to the plotting table.

Do you have a Home Depot or Lowes or something similar over there? If you go to the flooring department they have small simulated veneer samples that are about that size and shape and very thin. They make great insulators, you could probably fab the brush plate out one of those.

Do you have a Home Depot or Lowes or something similar over there? If you go to the flooring department they have small simulated veneer samples that are about that size and shape and very thin. They make great insulators, you could probably fab the brush plate out one of those.
LOL. Im not the only one that steals those things for small projects then...

Commando1's Helpfull Hint #217:
Look in the top drawers of all the counters on display. That's where they store a lot of those chips.

LOL. Im not the only one that steals those things for small projects then...

Commando1's Helpfull Hint #217:
Look in the top drawers of all the counters on display. That's where they store a lot of those chips.

Great Hint there! Thank you :) But I already have another material on the way to fix that..! Stay tuned

Back