68 300 engine bay pics

MOVE N UP

Reaction score
I have been picking away with some cleaning and addressing some of the little details under the hood. I am planning on an HP TNT exhaust manifold swap, and full TTI exhaust system over the winter down time.
I will take off components, clean and paint them, and paint the engine itself during this time as well!! it should look show ready for next season !! One question I have is = What is the proper application for the power brake booster? Is a cadmium finish, some other anodized finish or was it painted a particular color? And if you have experience with this, what product did you use to get the near correct color? thanks for any input!!
IMG_5652.jpgIMG_5656.jpg

IMG_5652.jpg

IMG_5656.jpg

Yep, no unsightly ac compressor to ugly things up.

Nice, that looks great. Is that the original body paint?
It is the original paint !!! looks like someone did a little maintenance touch up here and there on the firewall..but everything else appears to be circa 1968 !!!

Thank you so much! I'vE been looking for correct 67/68 BBs so as to correctly route my spark plug wires.
Can you please show a pic of each spark plug wire clip, where they are located, and how they were mounted?
Fortunately, there is no A/C compressor in the way.
Seriously, I would very much appreciate it.
Thanks.

Sorry I'm slow to the party!!! If still needed I will take photos tomorrow ... I am away for the rest of the day!!

From a '68...not sure if it's correct. 2nd photo is of my '68....just kind of bare metal....no paint on it. 3rd is from the interwebs...again don't know if it is correct.

mopp_1207_001_1968_chrysler_newport_fine_fasttop_.jpg

Newport Day 1 026.jpg

EngineBay3.jpg

From a '68...not sure if it's correct. 2nd photo is of my '68....just kind of bare metal....no paint on it. 3rd is from the interwebs...again don't know if it is correct.
The two different air cleaner housings confuse me...
(Top and bottom pics)

Yep. The bottom is not a 68. Look at the cowls and compare.

I think this is one of my favorite cars on this forum... absolutely awesome. Good luck with your renewal of the engine bay! (And please post your progress!)

That's a great looking engine bay!! When it comes to the valve covers, I can highly recommend the VHT early Chrysler blue SP126 spray cans. The paint is a bit delicate until cured (I used engine heat) but looks lovely when its done! Great job there...thanks for sharing

Cheers Steve

SDC11740.jpg

The OP's question was about brake booster color (if any) and appropriate paint. I was wondering about bare metal being correct when the car came off the assembly line in 1968.

Back