A new guy from Germany with a question...

Nice car! I've always loved the '65s as my parents bought a '65 Newport 4-door hardtop new.

You referenced the CA plate in the window. Unless you just want people to know you got the car from here, that specific plate has no special significance to your car. A "7D" plate would have been issued in the last 7-10 years. I registered my Newport here in '03 and was issued a plate beginning in "5D." Now, if it were a "black" or "blue" plate, that would indicate that the car had been in CA since the early '70s to '69 at the earliest.

@Ripinator : Thanks for the fender tag-info. I knew about the motor, now I saw only one other thing, that doesn't fit: No window-washer. Dammit! Catastrophe! And the color wasn't spanish red, but dark cordovan metallic. Doesn't matter - I don't care...:rolleyes:...! But, what's interesting: It's built in June '64. Rather early, isn't it? Unfortunately there's no buildsheet anywhere in the car...:(...!

@Se Görmäns: Schönen Dank - bin echt zufrieden mit dem Wagen. Ist von Dirk und Ronny aus'm MOPAR-Forum.

@Fury440 : Thanks a lot! And take a respectful (about 180°) bow for the restauration of the Fury. W.T.F...:eek:...! But as you like my dash so much, I would change my car with yours. Also I would pay the transport of both cars. A herd of camels? I have a good-looking sister, too...:)...!

@Snotty : The plate is just a reference to the car's history - the only history i know. It surely would have been better if there was a blue plate, but...you can't have everything. Plus, the car wasn't too expensive.

Last edited:
it was built on April 26th aka 426 which I think is pretty kool! Also the tag indicates (I think) that it was born with a bench seat interior which might explain the lack of build sheet.

You're right - April, not June. But if it's built in April '64...which is even earlier...when did they start building the models of the upcoming year? In January?

@Fury440 : Thanks a lot! And take a respectful (about 180°) bow for the restauration of the Fury. W.T.F...:eek:...! But as you like my dash so much, I would change my car with yours. Also I would pay the transport of both cars. A herd of camels? I have a good-looking sister, too...:)...!

Thanks for the kind words! I don't know about your sister, my wife might not like that idea, but a herd of camels certainly is interesting. :)

Umm...

20160422_191154.jpg

Then this can't be the service manual of my car, 'cause then it would have been built after it's first four oil changes. I think, there's a quite funny mix in my garage...:)...!

11 oil changes in 9 months?

Almost 20,000 miles in 9 months???

Maybe so driving from coast to coast 5 times.

11 oil changes in 9 months?
Back in the day the rule of thumb was change oil every 1,500 miles and every second oil change do the filter and grease as well. There was a second rule, change every 1,500 miles or 3 months which ever came first.
His log shows him following the 1,500 mile rule fairly closely.
When I drove mostly highway I followed these rules pretty closely. However when I was all city or a lot of short trips in cold winter months, I changed oil, filter and greased every 1,500 miles.

Welcome! Nice to see another '65 on the Forum. VV-1 is Cordovan Poly. Looks like the respray is in the correct color. TT-1 is Spanish Red. Ask me how I know...:lol:

Beautiful car. Try to protect it from the German elements. That trunk rust is not bad, mostly surface. That happened because water can sit under the rubber liner. The water usually comes in from overflowing drain gutters. Most owners don't bother to clean the pine-straw out.

Welcome from the Ruhrgebiet.

To me the trunk floor looked excellent before touching it.
Let me know if you want to see some rusty (or gone) trunk floors.

Carsten

@fc7_plumcrazy : I've seen some, thanks. And I understand those guys who want to keep the original substance as long as possible, but I wanted to make this check mark on my list. Also, I hated to have a car with a rather good substance with a trunk, that every time when I open it, says "Blaaahrgh! Look at me! I'm disgusting...:p...!" .

I saw your car in Herten last year but not at the Mopar Nats but at KustomKulture in June

Everyone has a different taste and expectations.
It is good that way !

Carsten

Jup, a few friends of mine are in the GSRA and told me, the KustomKulture would be a big thing (which was right - liked it there, except it was way too hot that day). And the first weekend in August is blocked for years for job-reasons, that's why I can't visit the Nationals.

Hi everyone!

I'm Don from Hannover, Germany and in 2014 I bought a 1965 Chrysler 300 that came from California to Germany. It's a great ride and I like it very much, but I don't have any informations about this specific car. Everyone likes pictures - so here are some...:rolleyes:...:

IMG_8758a%2B-%2BKopie.jpg

IMG_8787.jpg

IMG_8797.jpg

The only things I know are: It was sold in December 1964 in South Carolina by a Bill Heard dealer and then there's a huge gap until I bought it from a guy who got it from a San Francisco-suburb. The original color may have been Spanish red, interior is black. The roof is painted matte black and the body was repainted somewhere in the USA (obviously by a plumber or a carpenter...). It has a 413 cui instead of the 383 cui it originally had (was also changed somewhere in the US). You can see it's last license plate in the rear window in one of the pics below.

The only bad part was the trunk, which had some rust all over (took me about three weeks to turn that cave into a good condition. Never. Again.):

IMG_7440.jpg

IMG_7696.jpg

And there was a huge dent in the rear bumper, which I changed last year (the bumper, not the dent...:D...):
Vergleich.jpg

More pictures of the 300 and A guy working on his trunk
Gorgeous car. email me christian.alvarez58@gmail.com
I am in the import /export business of restoration for classic American cars.
i have right now 2 American Classic cars
2 63 chrysler 300s , both 3 push button automatic , one is all original with matching numbers and the other one is not. Email me and call my cell 5102246178. I know a lot of connections and i would like to import to Germany and Europe.

Back