Boom

Since the drive shaft came out of the car, I'm thinking that the rear U joint came apart and the shaft started whipping around and broke the main shaft on the trans.

You never know, coupla months back I'm getting on the highway, I go over an expansion joint and my truck starts violently shaking. I pull over and there's the cap from my U joint, no warning just bang. Glad to hear your OK, everything else can be fixed.

Since the drive shaft came out of the car, I'm thinking that the rear U joint came apart and the shaft started whipping around and broke the main shaft on the trans.

Could be, the U is still bolted in the rear. But, I never had a vibration, not a second before impact

This picture looks like it tells a story, I know its difficult to see but it looks like something went within the case...???

It looks as though the mount still has part of the tail shaft bolted to it.

20170827_072813-jpg.jpg

Im not planning on crawling under there today or anytime soon but my brain may not let me sleep until I get under there to see whats doin'

Maybe get some support under that pan so your your engine and trans assembly isn't hinging on your engine mounts.

If Im doing that I might as well get under there with some wrenches. My disgust and disbelief is keeping me away....

Damn you Matt !!!:BangHead:

Sorry Man but you might as well take it out, you know you have to.

If Im doing that I might as well get under there with some wrenches. My disgust and disbelief is keeping me away....

Damn you Matt !!!:BangHead:

You could just put a floor jack under it for now if you don't want to go under the car.

Thats how I gotta get the car up off the ground, you guys are killing me here. :stop:

I wouldn't want to crawl under it either until most of the old trans fluid was cleared off first.

Dot you have a skinny kid you could send under there???

Back