Brake Drums Wont Budge

And clean and repack those bearings before you reassemble.
Yes, but only reuse them if they're good. If you don't know how to tell if they're good or not, be safe and buy new ones. They are not that expensive. But note, if you buy new ones you will need to remove and replace the "races" that the bearings ride in. New races come with new bearings. You knock the old races out and simply reverse: knock the new ones in.

Ok, thanks for the advice about the bearings and seals and things. I'll try to take one off this weekend. I went to the Mecum Auction today. Wow! There were some very rare cars there. Many were rare because of their factory paint. There were many Mopars there, including a '57 Desoto Adventurer, '59 Imperial Crown, '70 340 Duster, '67 Barracuda Fastback, '72 Rallye Challenger, '73 'Cuda, '69 R/T Charger, several GTX's and Roadrunners, etc. Outside, Dodge had 2 Vipers, 2 Hellcat Challengers and 2 Hellcat Chargers they were using to give folks free, hair-raising rides! I wish I could've gotten a ride. Later.

I can buy all those tools and a bearing packer at Harbor Freight or should I buy the more expensive ones at AutoZone?

Just know that you get what you pay for.

I can buy all those tools and a bearing packer at Harbor Freight or should I buy the more expensive ones at AutoZone?
They are probably the same tools.

In this case, the HF tools would probably be just fine. I wouldn't bother with a bearing packer. You are better off packing the bearings by hand.

Ok, thanks guys for taking the time to help me out. I'll try the HF tools. If they break, I can just learn a lesson and go buy a national brand one for more money or I might be able to find a good deal on feebay or craigslist. I'll go try HF tomorrow. Everyone have a great weekend.

Got the tools from HF yesterday. I had to do some painting on the inside of our house the last few days. Still got to do some running today before I can get started today. Thanks for everyone's imput.

Back