Front end kits

LocuMob

Fluid Technician with a hat
Reaction score
Has anyone bought a front end kit from Firm Feel or PST? I need to do something with the front end in my 66 Polara. Wondering if anyone can tell me good/bad about either. I know the Firm Feel kits are more expensive and have all 4 tie rod ends. Is it worth the extra? Any help/info would be appreciated. Thanks

Scott

I bought from one of them, its been about fourteen years ago. The parts didnt last more than 20,000 miles when you could really notice the wear and the boots started to crack and break.
I try to stay with the Moogs and TRWs but even Moogs of today are made overseas.

I don't know about quality, but I just purchased from PST. I called and talked to someone on the phone, rather than just clicking on order buttons online, and he was really pleasant to deal with. Also, not a whole front end kit, just tie rods and a master cylinder.

Within the limits of my interaction, I'd recommend them.

I bought from one of them, its been about fourteen years ago. The parts didnt last more than 20,000 miles when you could really notice the wear and the boots started to crack and break.
I try to stay with the Moogs and TRWs but even Moogs of today are made overseas.

Did you get a rubber kit or poly? I'm thinking I don't need poly, it's a daily driver and I don't need a harsh ride.

Seems most everything is made overseas these days.

if its $$ driving the deal, p-s-t works out cheaper than firmfeel, even adding idler arm and tie rod sleeves and the inners or whatever the kit doesn't list. I know what you are talking about b/c I did a line item comparison and the FF was $750~ and the pst was ~259 +49 idler arm +46 inner tie rod ends.
the pst stuff is pretty OEM looking - no frills. but it looks just like the stuff im removing just new.
pst had my kit here in like 2 days - fastly.
and you can call them and talk to them.
you get a discount for being a member here.
one of their dudes is a member here.

I cant tell you about FF.

and I cant tell you how it drives yet either, im still re-assembling things...

- saylor

I'm leaning towards the pst kit. I can use the difference for a pitman arm and some other goodies.

I did it in a day......in the driveway, no garage at the time. It wasnt my first so i knew what to expect.

If they is any questions that I can answer about our product please let me know. In your case I would recommend going for the rubber for the ride quality.

Thanks
James

Just got a set of shocks, KYB Gas-a-just, from the FedEx gal along with some sway bar bushings. I'm betting it won't fix the problem completely, but it should help quite a bit. Oh well, makes me happy. Front end kit is being ordered on Thursday.

Is there anything I should look for or expect when I rebuild my front end? I don't have access to a lift and will be doing it in my garage with a Jack and jack stands. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I did my front end in my carport. It all comes out pretty easy. Have an impact wrench handy. I did have to take my upper control arms to work so I could stick it in a big vise and unscrew the upper ball joint with a big wrench and a cheater bar. Good luck.

Well, I put the new should shocks in and they seem to help, but the front end is still loose enough to notice, has a little less roughness to it. Still haven't gotten around to ordering the kit, but will on Monday. It's killing me to not be able to drive my car! I'm sure I'll make up for it when it's rebuilt.

Back