I would like to introduce "Betty"

I disagree,......that is an honor to be added to that list. I would be proud to be on it even though I likely never will be.
You will already be on that list for many of us as we have to travel home from Carlisle.:poke:

I'd love to go but lower back issues and a serious lack of "fun"ds is keeping me near the home front this year

Besides I should have Betty road ready next year so she will be the one to bring even though we will die from heat exhaustion :p in mid July with no AC

Last edited:
May be so but the real prize is having a car that you love and that others are lusting after......although the short ride is always a plus.

May be so but the real prize is having a car that you love and that others are lusting after......although the short ride is always a plus.
I would offer an alternative to that... How about finding a less expensive car that you like a bunch, and just enjoying yourself when you putt around in her? I had a blast with the "parts car" over the past year... especially the things I did with her that the black cars will never be subjected to, like driving to work and parking amongst the riff-raff... new paint marks, dings and scratches to prove it too. Junk yard trip, complete with climbing back in her just as dirty as I was... and towing the stuff back home. I even have what seems to be my customary "green line" of paint on her from "Management" running into her with the riding mower (I'm thinking the eventual refurbishment of the mower will include many fun noodles so it looks like it belongs to the Michelin Man, but does less damage when she misjudges her turns).

Seriously, a very small investment for the amount of joy she has brought me, and now the amount of usable stuff she offers the Twins. C Body members are not snobbish at all about an honest old car.
dsc03478-jpg.jpg

Some can't do that Jeff. . . They gotta have top shelf then obsess over it . It usually takes the fun out of ownership however. I completely understand Marks position .

What would he be like owning that Black Fury rag on e bay? I'd almost enjoy seeing the obsession.

The journey is part of the fun. Living that close wouldn't always be that awesome.

I would offer an alternative to that... How about finding a less expensive car that you like a bunch, and just enjoying yourself when you putt around in her? I had a blast with the "parts car" over the past year... especially the things I did with her that the black cars will never be subjected to, like driving to work and parking amongst the riff-raff... new paint marks, dings and scratches to prove it too. Junk yard trip, complete with climbing back in her just as dirty as I was... and towing the stuff back home. I even have what seems to be my customary "green line" of paint on her from "Management" running into her with the riding mower (I'm thinking the eventual refurbishment of the mower will include many fun noodles so it looks like it belongs to the Michelin Man, but does less damage when she misjudges her turns).

Seriously, a very small investment for the amount of joy she has brought me, and now the amount of usable stuff she offers the Twins. C Body members are not snobbish at all about an honest old car.
View attachment 127597

Are the road wheels worth more than the car itself??:rolleyes:

The journey is part of the fun. Living that close wouldn't always be that awesome.
It would be awesome on Sunday when you're tired and still need to find your way home... but you're right, everything has it's down side.

I've been in Orlando long enough now, Florida has lost a lot of the charm it had when I first found Ft Myers in 91... I'm not saying Orlando is full of azzoles, but if Florida was to need an enema, this is where they would plug it in.

I found Carlisle to have a lot of small town charm, and a nice enough car scene, I spent at least ten minutes last year thinking it would be nice to try living there. I sometimes wonder where I would like to live when/if I ever retire... Fumbuck County is getting over populated too.

I found Carlisle to have a lot of small town charm, and a nice enough car scene, I spent at least ten minutes last year thinking it would be nice to try living there. I sometimes wonder where I would like to live when/if I ever retire.

Well we may be selling our house soon, it's abt 1 mile from Gate 3 of the fairgrounds!

so would this. sorry it is so blurry, the camera wouldn't focus so it is obv time for a new camera. The car needs work but....
View attachment 127797
That would be an outstanding project... but a lot of work. I'm at a place where I want to be able to drive it sometimes too. If a project gets too big and takes too long it can hurt the joy of ownership IMO.

A first gen A body is a lot of parts chasing to get rid of all the oddball stuff unless you want to keep the /6

... I even have what seems to be my customary "green line" of paint on her from "Management" running into her with the riding mower (I'm thinking the eventual refurbishment of the mower will include many fun noodles so it looks like it belongs to the Michelin Man, but does less damage when she misjudges her turns)...

mower.jpg

Is this how you found Betty Tom?
IMAG0222.jpg

IMAG0224.jpg

LOL...We went to Omaha last week and I spotted these signs on I-80 in Iowa. I had to get them for you on the way back. Might make a great avatar if cropped properly:rolleyes:

Back