I would like to introduce "Betty"

Like this...
IMG_2928.JPG

Great score Tom! Glad you made out ok on Saturday. Betty is looking great, nice to see that it cleaned up so well. That F button may have been for a fan. There is some duct work hanging from under the dash, and I noticed two buttons where the heater controls are one says off and I believe the other on the right should be defrost. Even though there is no heater core, the probably still allowed you to push air to the windshield to defog it. That round plate on the fire wall looks a little suspect to me. There may have been a fan there and someone removed it. Just a thought.

Actually the other day I stumbled across another FL on the internet and saw the same plate only painted body colour and heater core pipes..

andthe right button says "AIR" not defrost..
heater_firewall.jpg

May be so but the real prize is having a car that you love and that others are lusting after......although the short ride is always a plus.

Mark, you have had some nice cars in the past, you can do it again. You have a nose for finding them. What you need is a mechanically sound driver in decent driver condition that you can cosmetically up grade as you cruise. Avoid any serious long term restorations.

I have always admired the guy who brings his pride and joy to a show even if it needs some TLC and has a little patina, more so then the trailer queens left in the garage because it might get cloudy.

Mark, you have had some nice cars in the past, you can do it again. You have a nose for finding them. What you need is a mechanically sound driver in decent driver condition that you can cosmetically up grade as you cruise.

Well when you spend 99.9% of your free time looking at cars you tend to learn a little. I will pm you my # Will so we can get together sometime while you are here.

Back