My 1971 Sport Fury GT, what to do, what to do.

Wollfen

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Hey guys, as you know almost three years ago I bought my GT Fury and put it back together in quick time. Since then I have driven it about four times in two years. I also have about six personal project cars backed up here and have been thinking long and hard about what to cut loose and what to keep. I definitely have too many cars right now and every car is being looked at.
The GT has the most invested in it and obviously is the one most finished. And here's the issue. I simply haven't the time or space to finish off the last little bits of the GT as I would like. I have the vinyl top in a box ready to go and I need to remove the rear bumper to put the damned emblem I forgot back on etc. Little stuff compared to what has already been done.
So I have been thinking, I really haven't driven it much at all, maybe four times in two years, there are a couple of reasons for this. First its an emotional one, its a great car and all, but not my favorite color nor year. The 1970 is what I always wanted and I have that in the S23 here. Secondly, it's so original I don't want to mess it up so I tend to baby it.
So yes, I am considering moving it on to another person who will love it and preserve it. Then I can use the space and funds to really get cracking on my other cars, mainly the S23.
So guys, if I am going to sell this beast, what's it worth and who should get it?
Here is a link to the restoration thread for those who aren't familiar with it.
Wollfen's 1971 Sport Fury GT !

GT1.jpg
GT.jpg
GT2.jpg
GT3.jpg
GT4.jpg
GT6.jpg
GT7.jpg
GT8.jpg
GT9.jpg
radio.jpg

No need to do anything now Gary, just wait for the offers.:lol:

radio-jpg.jpg

I'm out... I'd have to toss that 'Thumbwheel' radio out the window and I'm sure I'd get plenty of flack for doing that to your beautiful car...:wideyed:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Pretty interesting. That is a pretty tough question as how you pick out the next owner. I am guessing this is a good way.

I would have to downsize first before I can add.

I think with the white interior it really makes the car...buckets/console and power windows are nice options as well. For others I think the AC will really help. I will be watching to see what you decide to do.

Dave

It might take a while to find the right buyer, it's a very rare car in a very desirable condition. Everyone has a different taste when it comes to colors, me personally I'm not a green guy but there are definitely plenty of people out there who appreciate green.
You don't have to ask what it's worth because you know it, you just have to be patient on finding the right guy who pays the right price

I LOVE green ChryCo cars, green is my favorite color and I'm usually pretty picky about green cars, but the 60's & 70's greens are what I grew up with,and I love them. Put a white top on a car and I'm lovin' it even more, I think it really sets it off. I learned a long time ago, that these are the big dogs for Plymouths, and I could never afford one and the proper facilites in a decent amount of time. The car is beautiful, striking, awesome, gorgeous, etc, etc. I can understand not wanting anything to happen to it, and not driving it much, I feel I wouldn't be comfortable with something that nice. I should be, but that's a responsibility that I'm not ready for.

But there is someone for that car, and they will find you, or you will find them.

Gary... You could bring her to Carlisle and ride back with me if you find a buyer... It'd be a shame not to get her there once before she leaves you.

It would make Greenville, NC a lot less greener too.
I can hear the lamenting to start half a year after the sale. :poke:

Gary... You could bring her to Carlisle and ride back with me if you find a buyer... It'd be a shame not to get her there once before she leaves you.
I will give it serious thought. But hey I would have to polish it then too, lol.

I got the privilege of riding in the car. Runs and looks excellent! Someone will be very fortunate to have it. No idea how to price a GT.

Best of luck!

Back