Quality Restorations Inc.

My wheel looks darn good except for that 1 crack which I was able to relocate to the bottom.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

A garaged Washington State car is the perfect car and usually the kind of car dreams are made of

My wheel looks darn good except for that 1 crack which I was able to relocate to the bottom.

That's a shame. With your car being so original I wouldn't recast that wheel. If you are dead set on having a crack free wheel, I would find a core you could send in for restoration.

I agree and I already have a spare wheel if I ever decide to have a new one cast.

Matt, that's what makes it a survivor. It looks great with the crack.

Just wrap some duct tape around it, you won't even notice the crack anymore.

I know......I know...... How about one of those "8" ball, or naked lady sucide knobs.....?
Just clamp it right on over the crack..(I mean character mark).

Damm... I love it when I have a good idea.

Good idea however I think I'll happily live with the crack for the time being. This car is getting a lot of love before Carlisle and it shouldn't need anything more for years to come. I need to get back to work on my RR after this.

Great no cost solution Matt .. I'm sure that you and others won't notice it much at all down here as opposed to being directly in your line of sight 100% of the time.

I'm interested too Matt. Don't think I've ever seen a picture of that one.

I was at Matt's shop in Detroit last year and went with him to tour The W.P. Chrysler Museum 9 days before it closed forever. Matt has better pictures.

DSC01867.jpg

DSC01867.jpg

Back