Scenicruisin'..?

Different...A "Fageol", or a "Road King", or a "Trailer Mobile, according to the Mack Truck Blog where it got debated to rough consensus.

A truck made from a Fruehauf trailer - or better yet a truck chassis with what WAS a cargo trailer appended to it.

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/topic/36028-what-the-heck-is-this-beast/

What would one ever use this for, let alone how does it steer? Kinda cool..only because its big, old, and I have never seen one. Alas, not on my shopping list.

what is this.jpg

what is this.jpg

I have only driven two DD series 60 both were like stepping on a wet sponge as far as throttle response. There are people who swear by them and people who swear at them. My first impressions of them turned me off enough that I never went looking for one. Their worldwide support is almost non existent so their export value is low and prices are cheap for them here. I believe John Deere corp had a hand in the development when D.D. went looking to replace the 2 cycle engines.

Last time I saw 2 steer axlez it wern't no bulldawg, it were ah White and it were painted olive drab just like the 1/2 track with the quad 50's mounted on it and parked beside it. ALL BAD, MEAN 'N NASTY STUFF tah kill the dirty commiez

I have only driven two DD series 60 both were like stepping on a wet sponge as far as throttle response. There are people who swear by them and people who swear at them.

Hmm...interesting. Appreciate the input on 60 Series. Seems a popular choice in buses/motor coaches.

DD60.jpg

DD60.jpg

This is a cool project...not for my lap of America as its NOT a bus, but i'm glad somebody took it on. The 1940 GM Futurliner.

"The GM Futurliners were a group of custom vehicles, styled in the 1940s by Harley Earl for General Motors, and integral to the company's Parade of Progress — a North American traveling exhibition promoting future cars and technologies. Having earlier used eight custom Streamliners from 1936-1940, GM sponsored the Parade of Progress and the Futurliners from 1940 to 1941 and again from 1953 to 1956.

At 33 feet long, 8 feet wide, more than 11 feet tall, and weighing more than 12 tons, each Futurliner featured heavily stylized
Art deco bodywork, deep red side and white roof paint, large articulated chrome side panels, a military-grade 302-cu.in. GMC straight-six gasoline engine and automatic transmission, whitewall tires and a prominent, high-mounted, centrally located driver command position with a panoramic windshield. 12 Futurliners were manufactured, with nine still known to exist as of 2007. Courtesy, Wikipedia"

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/page/2/?s=futurliner

GM Futureliner.jpgGM Futureliner1.jpgGM Futureliner2.jpgGM Futureliner3.jpgGM Futureliner4.jpgGM Futureliner5.jpgGM Futureliner6.jpg
GM Futureliner7.jpg
GM Futureliner8.JPG

GM Futureliner.jpg

GM Futureliner1.jpg

GM Futureliner2.jpg

GM Futureliner3.jpg

GM Futureliner4.jpg

GM Futureliner5.jpg

GM Futureliner6.jpg

GM Futureliner7.jpg

GM Futureliner8.JPG

Back