Scenicruisin'..?

I take back what I said about leaving it open to the lower level...
00-1-2-8-jpg-jpg.jpg

That looks awful from that view...

I take back what I said about leaving it open to the lower level...
View attachment 286326
That looks awful from that view...

yeah, they obstructed the view of course with their kitchen arrangement. they also flattened and extended to floor FORWARD to the bulkhead position.

00-1-2-8-jpg-jpg-jpg.jpg

My lower level is planned to be swivel Captain's chairs (MrMoparCHP had that suggestion too) with seat belts. I planned to leave the bulkheads to upper deck to mount monitors on lower deck, on on upper deck side seats to be able to enjoy the panoramic windows.

I dont not plan a "galley" that looks like what would be in a house .. I am going small fridge and microwave, a sink, but LOW cabinetry (nothing overhead to block the windows.

Lavatory and shower placement .. still ruminating on that. gotta have it and will partially block a window, but need to take up minimal space.

But I envision the coach in 3 sections. lower deck clearly seating/entertainment. upper deck in two sections. living/eating, and then sleeping quarters. but as OPEN as can be.

maybe a Murphy bed deal. or a sectional .. thats like private seating/sofabed deal when not being used as a bed. a bed, that gets part time use hogging up real estate in bus is something to be avoided to me.

RV-Murphy-bed-Ideas.jpg
Stylish-RV-with-Murphy-bed.jpg

hqv12zyconeozlbpvq9l.png

Anyway, we'll see.

Last edited:
yeah, they obstructed the view of course with their kitchen arrangement. they also flattened and extended to floor FORWARD to the bulkhead position.

View attachment 286332

My lower level is planned to be swivel Captain's chairs (MrMoparCHP had that suggestion too) with seat belts. I planned to leave the bulkheads to upper deck to mount monitors on lower deck, on on upper deck side seats to be able to enjoy the panoramic windows.

I dont not plan a "galley" that looks like what would be in a house .. I am going small fridge and microwave, a sink, but LOW cabinetry (nothing overhead to block the windows.

Lavatory and shower .. still ruminating on that. I envision the coach in 3 sections. lower deck clearly seating/entertainment. upper deck in two sections. living/eating, and then sleeping quarters. but as OPEN as can be.

maybe a Murphy bed deal .. thats like private seating when not a bed. a bed hogging up real estate in bus is something to be avoided to me.

Anyway, we'll see.
:thumbsup:

I'm excitedly waiting for the floor plan an artist renderings of your proposal... Keep in mind that the board will still have to vote and they tend to prefer high quality and expensive finishes so long as it's your budget we're spending. :rolleyes:

:thumbsup:

I'm excitedly waiting for the floor plan an artist renderings of your proposal... Keep in mind that the board will still have to vote and they tend to prefer high quality and expensive finishes so long as it's your budget we're spending. :rolleyes:

Like this boss? Can do -- only if I can work till I am 100 years old :).

prevost 2.jpg
prevost 3.jpg

Lets do some real buses again.

THis one ... more of a party bus than RV ... has design cues I am emulating in my plan. Video source of these pics is at the bottom.

1. They kept the original floor with aisle on upper deck. And if you look closely, as you move aft, there is another level above engine area. a step up. in my plan, that is the sleeping/lavatory area. They have a big screen TV, my plan is to preserve the original window and have a foldout/Murphy bed deal there.

2. they removed buikheads between lower and upper deck and cosmetically it looks very good. I am trying to find the builder to this coach/former or current owner to inquire about structural under skin there.

3. No obstructions hanging from roof, and small fridge/microwave/low sink .. but my "galley' would be on second level

4 pretty cool what they did with roof with design and with indirect and spot lighting - even the aisles on upper level. not quite me but there's ideas there. they also mechanized the original "skylights" so they could open. they also did a "stainless" thing on interior walls .. i am more wood/cloth in mind but it looks pretty good.

5. lower deck with sofa thing, opposite side with galley .. again I am looking at 4-5 swivel ABTS Captains chairs. The sofas tho are practical cuz you have the front wheel 'humps" to contend with in that area -- the Achilles heel of my chair plan.

6. Exterior. Polished the stainless, painted the other areas (i wouldnt do black accents tho) and I am going with highly polished Alcoas. they kept a highly original look which i really like.

00-1-2-5-5.jpg
00-1-2-6.jpg
00-1-2-9.jpg
00-1-2-12.jpg
00-1-3-00.jpg

00-1-2-8.jpg
00-1-2-11.jpg
00-1-2-41.jpg
00-1-3-000.jpg
00-1-4-3.jpg

source:

I'd hate to be in one of those chairs if the driver has to slam on the brakes.

i think they are anchored tho (and they may swivel)..like the tables.

in the video some speaker looking thing pops up outta the floor between chair legs so i am speculating legs are fixed.

otherwise yes .. the design is in no way practical while coach is in motion. clearly dangerous.

More thoughts from the peanut gallery... from the lower level, that does nothing for me. When built out as an RV I think it will just look cluttered very easily. And WTF, not a single view from the upper deck forward???
00-1-2-41-jpg.jpg

I noticed they had the package delivery door... which they ignored in their build. Too high off the ground to be as easy to repurpose, and not much need with the big bays under the floor. I always liked the idea of a separate cargo area on the old Flxibles... but I'm not sure what I would do with one on a Scenicruiser.
00-1-2-12-jpg.jpg

More thoughts from the peanut gallery... from the lower level, that does nothing for me. When built out as an RV I think it will just look cluttered very easily. And WTF, not a single view from the upper deck forward???
View attachment 287416

What does nothing for you boss? Yeah, I didnt see the "money shot" either .. aft toward the front of the coach. I will look around for other instances of this one.

I noticed they had the package delivery door... which they ignored in their build. Too high off the ground to be as easy to repurpose, and not much need with the big bays under the floor. I always liked the idea of a separate cargo area on the old Flxibles... but I'm not sure what I would do with one on a Scenicruiser.
View attachment 287417

I thought that might be an emergency door .. all the windows pop out for emergency exits but maybe where this bus operated it needed that to get registered? I have never seen one on any Scenicruiser.

Love the a** on those old Flxies .. they are all through this thread :)

More looks at how people dealt with their upper/lower bulkhead issues .. one kinda "as-is" and the other with more thought (you can easily guess which is which).

00-1-2-8.jpg
00-1-2-9.jpg
00-1-2-12.jpg

Last edited:
my nostalgia plan ... to keep the padded original panoramic window seats .. uses about three feet of real estate AND blocks the view I want.

BUT, its structural contribution (orange box) has to be dealt with I think. Whisperer is sure of it has some body stiffness benefits, but a lotta redone coaches eliminated it.

more to come on that .. but iwould have to extend the upper deck floor forward and that's actually a much better plan then trying to flatten it.

00-1-2-11.jpg

my nostalgia plan ... to keep the padded original panoramic window seats .. uses about three feet of real estate AND blocks the view I want.

BUT, its structural contribution (orange box) has to be dealt with I think. Whisperer is sure of it has some body stiffness benefits, but a lotta redone coaches eliminated it.

more to come on that .. but iwould have to extend the upper deck floor forward and that's actually a much better plan then trying to flatten it.

View attachment 287473
After looking and thinking awhile, I think that's best. If it provides any structural advantage, and I'm sure it does, keep it. Heck maybe even keep the outhouse there too.

You could put a couple of nice potted plants up there when parked. :lol:

Untitled18c.png

i leave the green arrows for structure AND railings for the stairs that are right there perhaps.

The green squares (part of the the bulkhead are removed and/or replaced down to the floor of the upper deck with like plexiglass (the thick, bulletproof kind).

My goal is the clean open look with them (the buikheads) gone. gotta be a way to do that without weakening, or by reinforcing that area under the panoramic window.

Ill report again when I have the answer ... in 2020. A crapload of mechanical work way before that. :)

Back