White walls on road wheels: Wide or Narrow

Not this year, I will be a day late and care free . Getting there Friday morning from the West and heading home Saturday night after go karts

Not this year, I will be a day late and care free . Getting there Friday morning from the West and heading home Saturday night after go karts

Do you still live in Jersey or did you migrate West already?

My plan is to get to Carlisle Friday morning, be at Carlisle Friday and Saturday and leave Sunday morning.

My Army buddies are talking about meeting at Gettysburg on Sunday for a day.

My plan is to get to Carlisle Friday morning, be at Carlisle Friday and Saturday and leave Sunday morning.

My Army buddies are talking about meeting at Gettysburg on Sunday for a day.
Glad to hear you’ll be back this year Bob.. whatcha bringing this year?

I can walk about a 1/4 of a mile on flat ground now.....slowly. I'm in a lot better condition than last year....I couldn't walk 10 feet.

Glad to hear you’ll be back this year Bob.. whatcha bringing this year?

Thanks. The plan is to bring the NYB...if it's done in time. I'm looking for a remanufactured engine for it now. Something with a warranty. I'm going to have it built with the compression ratio increased a bit and a better cam. Nothing radical.

Thanks. The plan is to bring the NYB...if it's done in time. I'm looking for a remanufactured engine for it now. Something with a warranty. I'm going to have it built with the compression ratio increased a bit and a better cam. Nothing radical.
Just because? Or something wrong with the current engine?

Just because? Or something wrong with the current engine?

The engine still runs. Burning and leaking a lot of oil. Front and rear main leaking, oil pan leaking, valve guides are shot. By the time I tear it down and rebuild everything.....it would cost almost as much as a re-manufactured engine with a warranty. I'm even considering sending my engine in and having it re manufactured. Formals aren't worth anything so the original engine thing really doesn't matter. I'll still have it for the next guy.... My NYB is far from original anyways. I've have parts from a half dozen or more different cars in her already.

The last of them in 15x7 are very hard to find... expect to have to pay. If you're impatient, there is a set for sale right now. For Sale - early 70s 15 inch c body rallye wheels he has incorrect rings, but they would be a low dollar starting point available right now.

View attachment 174578
Early centers are even tougher to find.

Jeff, How do you know these are 15x7? The seller doesn’t specify.

I’m still looking for two driver quality early centers. Haven’t looked very hard, but it will be the mission this year at Carlisle.

it will be the mission this year at Carlisle.

There must be something I am missing. Is the demand too low (notwithstanding our own missionary zeal) for someone to get into the business of manufacturing reproductions? I, for one, would like that option -- I'd keep the original wheels in dry storage, and use the repros to really enjoy the car (after all, they are wheels, so they'll likely get dinged/scratched anyways).

Jeff, How do you know these are 15x7? The seller doesn’t specify.

I’m still looking for two driver quality early centers. Haven’t looked very hard, but it will be the mission this year at Carlisle.
OMG... I'm a moron... The punctuation is all f'ed up... those are 15x6 I'm 99.9% sure. If I had thought they even might be 15x7... I'd have jumped.

I am very happy with the Hankook Optimo H724 | P225/75R15 whitewalls recently installed on my 1970 Polara 'vert. They are comfortable on pockmarked city streets as well as on the highway, they are quiet, and they handle surprisingly well. They are not sporty tires by any means, but (based on my first 100 miles in the past 2 days) they seem to offer the blend of comfort and safe handling that I was seeking.

Here is a picture of the new spare in the trunk (as I mentioned in another thread, I am keeping the original double-stripe tire at home for posterity).

IMG_0329.jpg

I am very happy with the Hankook Optimo H724 | P225/75R15 whitewalls recently installed on my 1970 Polara 'vert. They are comfortable on pockmarked city streets as well as on the highway, they are quiet, and they handle surprisingly well. They are not sporty tires by any means, but (based on my first 100 miles in the past 2 days) they seem to offer the blend of comfort and safe handling that I was seeking.

Here is a picture of the new spare in the trunk (as I mentioned in another thread, I am keeping the original double-stripe tire at home for posterity).

View attachment 182810
Don’t tease.. where the rest of the pics??:realcrazy:

The only 15x7s were on '79 LeBaron-type cars, as far as I know. There was also a body color inset that went on the wheels, over the normally silver area between the center cap and the chrome area. Others were all 15x6s. With the tire dismounted, the size will be stamped on the center area of the rim, in the middle area.

Remember that rim width is "between the beads" and not the outer edges of the bead.

CBODY67

Back