Wilwood brakes

johnscott311

Reaction score
Ok I am trying to fit a set of 6 piston caliper wilwood disc brakes on a 66 fury. Does anyone know if a spindle from a satellite will fit on the fury? If it will then I can get a kit for the satellite. If not does any know what spindle will work that they make a kit for.

Last edited:
I thought Wilwood had a kit for early C bodies. You have other choices such as Baer & Strange Engineering. You might want to call all 3 of these company's & talk to their tech. Also make sure the kit you get has the rear greese seal. And you might call Mancini Racing. Bet they have a customer they have helped with this

yeah so I have done a lot of looking for what I want for what you guys have suggested and eci only had just the plain jane disc swap and scarebird told me a single piston was more than adequate and didn't offer anything that I wanted....but ssbc has a few options of what I am looking for. they only have 4 piston calipers but they are a pretty decent looking brake setup with option of anodizing the calipers and cross drilled and slotted rotor options.
something like this
http://ssbrakes.com/i-10092677-disc-brake-kit-front-4-piston-comp-r-wheel-kit-only-pair.html
yes I have 17in wheels in the ft and 18s in the rear, should give it a nice stance.

they only have 4 piston calipers but they are a pretty decent looking brake setup with option of anodizing the calipers and cross drilled and slotted rotor options.
something like this

I'm involved in a pro touring project now that uses Wilwood 4 piston calipers and 12" drilled and slotted rotors, (all four corners) in combination with a 1"bore Wilwood master cylinder. This combo eliminates the need for a power break booster.
The car has coil overs front and rear and a four link rear, and will likely top the 1000 HP mark when dialed in. This brake combo is up to the task. Also 17's in front, 18's rear.

awesome! yeah the only reason I wanted the 6 piston is because they look awesome, but its not must have type of deal. Is it a kit that you bought or did u piece it together to get exactly what you wanted?

awesome! yeah the only reason I wanted the 6 piston is because they look awesome, but its not must have type of deal. Is it a kit that you bought or did u piece it together to get exactly what you wanted?

We ordered a complete Art Morrison chassis and was able to spec it out as we wanted. Also included a Ford 9" with Strange 3rd member and axles/flanges and 1" studs.

Back