Yes....I joined the Mopar family. (1965 Dodge Polara Police Package)

Cliff_Claven

Reaction score
Greetings!

I wasn't really looking for a car when purchased this. (Isn't that how it happens?)
I stumbled across this car online and the more I looked at it....well....you can see what happened.
Here I am.

This is my project 1965 Dodge Polara that is a former California Highway Patrol car.

CHP Fairgrounds 2.jpg

It's a true Police Package car with a 413 engine and an automatic transmission.
Another interesting thing is that the car came from the factory with disc brakes.

AlexFairPhoto.JPG

I've been slowly working on it for the past couple years. So far...most of the work has been sorting out mechanical items.
There's more to go...and I haven't even addressed any of the cosmetics. (How you see it is how I got it.)

Plus....I'm learning more and more about the history of this Dodge.

My plan (hopefully) is to return the car back to how it would have looked back in 1965. :)
Yes....I'll need a little help from my Mopar family.

CHP Fairgrounds 2.jpg

AlexFairPhoto.JPG

That is a sweet car and I look forward to seeing more on it as time goes by, let us hear more of the story of it, there are a few cop car owners on here that would love to hear the story too.

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! I'd pull over for that!

Welcome... Can't recall seeing one of those. Certainly not talked about like the 69s and 71s.... Nice!

Do you know what gear ratio the rear end has? Is it a Sure Grip?

Do you know what gear ratio the rear end has? Is it a Sure Grip?

It was ordered with a 3.23 -- but not Sure Grip.

The car was built and shipped in June of 1965 to John Drew Motors in Sacramento, CA. (They were the winning contract bidder.) I believe it was used by the CHP until 1967 before it was sold to the public. The regular issue California black license plates were still on it when I got it.

That polara is awesome. Is there mounting holes for the hood ornament or was it deleted at the factory? Any interior shots?

Back