65 Sport Fury

@ sgtdave: not sure if you have a thread on your car. But if you don't you should. Yours looks like it was the same color as mine was originally.

It's been a while and my body shop moves at the speed of... The car is up in the frame machine to get front end rebuilt, disc brake conversion done, frame painted, firewall and frame straightened. I'll be getting a new radiator and they are going to fit some headers that once fitted i will get jet coated.

IMG_4061.jpgIMG_4063.jpgIMG_4065.jpgIMG_4076.jpg

just for fun the front seat in my 66 Charger.
IMG_4046.jpg

IMG_4061.jpg

IMG_4063.jpg

IMG_4065.jpg

IMG_4076.jpg

IMG_4046.jpg

I can't believe I've missed this build thread! That is one slick looking paint job. Can't wait to see how this all comes together!

I'm looking at this thread in a whole new light now.
I don't have to worry one second on which way this car heads.
Please continue building my car, thank you very much. LOL

Now that the car is on the frame machine. The body shop is moving a little faster. Since the longer my car sits up there the longer they'll be without there frame machine. Pics of the front end disassembled. I'm having a fun time deciding on a radiator setup. The motor is a 73 hp 440 and the 73 radiator was used. The water pump inlet is on the passenger side. I'm looking at the Griffin CU-00038-LS. It's a full setup with fans, shrouds, harness, etc. The price is steep and I've been trying to find a full setup cheaper. But nothing that I am overly found of. Going to get a new engine wiring harness for it as well. Anyway enough babbling on with the pics.

IMG_4077.jpgIMG_4078.jpgIMG_4079.jpgIMG_4080.jpgIMG_4081.jpg

IMG_4077.jpg

IMG_4078.jpg

IMG_4079.jpg

IMG_4080.jpg

IMG_4081.jpg

Very cool. As soon as my 70 Chevelle comes home (two weeks), my 65 goes under the knife. Ever pull the trim off one? Yeah, I'm in four days and have about 10% of it off. Wonder what will cost more? The body or replating and polishing the trim. I set aside $30k for mine. Betcha I go over.....

you may want to consider doing the waterpump swap to the aluminum housing now That way you can buy a radiator that has the bottom inlet on the driver side. if you upgrade down the road you will be happy getting rid of an extra 25 lbs. Look into Champion Radiators, you can get them for 1/3 the cost of Griffin, or be cool. and don't overlook the brass repro Radiators through Summit or Mancini they have the correct shrouds as well.

I ended up getting a 26" Griffin Radiator with inlet/outlet on the passenger side (radiator, shroud,2 12" fans, wiring/relays, full setup). I will eventually change the whole front of the motor. Aluminum water pump and housing, new brackets, i've got a powermaster alternator I picked up from cbodydrydock member dacuda.

Now the next thing to look into is rewiring the car. The new radiator setup comes with wiring and relays, etc. Anyone have suggestions on wiring? The harnesses under the hood are crispy and brittle. I'd like to do the headlight relay upgrade, get rid of the bulkhead connector, etc.

suggestions, parts, vendors, etc?

I havent gotten into getting the bumpers rechromed. check out http://www.floridametalrefinishing.com/

thanks all for checking out my project.

Well the front end parts are off being powder coated. I was just going to have them bead blasted and painted black. But in the end decided to get them powder coated for better durability. They'll just be black. I'm not looking to do them back to factory finish. Besides black is a recurring theme with this car. My radiator setup showed up today. It looks great and will find a nice home keeping that 440 cool in the Florida heat. Enough talking on with the pics!!!

IMG_4099 - Copy.jpgIMG_4104 - Copy.jpgIMG_4107 - Copy.jpgIMG_4108 - Copy.jpgIMG_4109.jpgIMG_4113.jpg

IMG_4099 - Copy.jpg

IMG_4104 - Copy.jpg

IMG_4107 - Copy.jpg

IMG_4108 - Copy.jpg

IMG_4109.jpg

IMG_4113.jpg

A/C? We don't need no stinkin' A/C... (let the flames begin)

I'm jealous of the car by the way.

Back