Hey Guys, taking my car in to get a lot of work done on my 67 Sport Fury

If you love doing it it isn't really work is it, that being said my truck is parked most weekends money makes me love driving on the weekend.

Thanks 68, it's just not worth my time right now to go down there. I have too many things going on right now.

Thanks Ironwolf, but the vinyl if for a fast top.

Saylor, I recommend Reasonable Rides and Rods in Lewisville for mechanical work. They didn't over charge me and were very fast. Its a very nice shop with some amazing rides inside. I use to go to Wylie Vintage over there in the Garland area, and Mark is a really nice guy, but he's a 1 mechanic garage and can be pretty slow. I'd use him if you don't want to take your Fury to Lewisville and can leave your car with him 10 days.

What the HELL WAS I THINKING !!!!!! ????????? :eek:ops:

how does that new top look?

did they pull the windows to put the top on?

I would say no only because of two parts cars I cut up.
You only need to pull the window trim as the vinyl tucks down. Now if the were to do it right they should pull the clips and that might be difficult with the glass in.

Alan

Hey Guys, I FINALLY got my car back. The guy did a pretty lousy job too. The vinyl top itself is ok, but the issues are: there us glue all over the chrome, the chrome no longer lines up, there is vinyl hanging over the chrome (not tucked under it) in ne area, there is some kind of spray that is coating the back window, the rear seat is no longer firmly attached, a chrome piece over the door now has a noticeable bend in it, but oh, he did keep the price at $450 haha.

Here are some prelimary pics. There was some substance that had run down the glass, luckily I was able to clean it off. In one photo there is discoloration, it better be some kind of oil that washes off.

Oh and y'all know how I just got he steering box done? The steering wheel doesn't line up. I stopped by the shop on the way home and they said they would fix the alignment of it tomorrow.

Anyway, very frustrating.

CAM00234.jpgCAM00232.jpg

CAM00234.jpg

CAM00232.jpg

Oh, he didn't install the side emblems because the pins were broken. Amyone selling any? Is that something I can do myself when I find some?

The emblems that mount on the rear pillar are held in with speed nuts. He prob broke the tabs off prying them, and not removing the rear pillar panels to access the nuts. They are hard to find in good shape. There not hard to put in once you find them.

The emblems that mount on the rear pillar are held in with speed nuts. He prob broke the tabs off prying them, and not removing the rear pillar panels to access the nuts. They are hard to find in good shape. There not hard to put in once you find them.

Damn chevy bowtie bozos

Hey Guys, I FINALLY got my car back. The guy did a pretty lousy job too. The vinyl top itself is ok, but the issues are: there us glue all over the chrome, the chrome no longer lines up, there is vinyl hanging over the chrome (not tucked under it) in ne area, there is some kind of spray that is coating the back window, the rear seat is no longer firmly attached, a chrome piece over the door now has a noticeable bend in it, but oh, he did keep the price at $450 haha.

Here are some prelimary pics. There was some substance that had run down the glass, luckily I was able to clean it off. In one photo there is discoloration, it better be some kind of oil that washes off.

Oh and y'all know how I just got he steering box done? The steering wheel doesn't line up. I stopped by the shop on the way home and they said they would fix the alignment of it tomorrow.

Anyway, very frustrating.

View attachment 25051View attachment 25052
Exactly why you want to learn how to do any work on your wheels yourself. No one appreciates your car more than you. Can barely see the imperfections, but nice Plymouth overall.

10 foot rule Gary. Everyone's car looks great from a distance.....especially in pictures. I see something all over the C-pillar. Could be glue. I would be upset finding glue all over the chrome and vinyl and the chrome not lining up properly.

Take it back, tell them you would have gladly paid more to have it done right but not to fix it.

Alan

10 foot rule Gary. Everyone's car looks great from a distance.....especially in pictures. I see something all over the C-pillar. Could be glue. I would be upset finding glue all over the chrome and vinyl and the chrome not lining up properly.
Yeah I get it, but I was meaning over all. I've seen cars people drool over that were all but rusted wrecks....so this is a super nice driver quality set of wheels. I wouldn't be embarrassed to tool around in.

Yes. Absolutely take it back. Do not let their lack of enthusiasm for your car express itself in the work they do. If they are reputable they will redo or tell them you'll showcase their talents all over c bodies only mopar forum.........

If you're not satisfied with what you got for your money, it will probably never grow on you and with sloppy areas right from the start it won't take long till bigger problems will "pop up" in the truest sense of the word and then they'll argue guarantee has run out.
I just brought a car back to the paint shop and had their repaint of the quarter panel completely removed and inspected it personally after removal as these aholes didn't even bother to thoroughly sand it in all areas and extended the area of repaint beyond necessity without removing additional trim; and this was the second car they had to do it; lost a well paying customer for good and didn't even make a profit with doing all work twice.

Last edited:
Oh, he didn't install the side emblems because the pins were broken. Amyone selling any? Is that something I can do myself when I find some?

You can probably use the tape that they use on new cars for attaching emblems. It's a thin foam tape with adhesive on both sides. I've never seen it used on a vinyl top though, but it seems to me that it should work.

Thanks Guys, I didn't even think about the emblem tape. I'll see if it works.

Seems like the 3M tape worked really well. I just broke off the remaining pins and doubled up the 3m tape under the main area and it seems to work. Found a great deal on a new windshield. $320 installed with mobile service. The guy will be here in 30 minutes. Safelite was going to be $475, but then they cam back and said $200 shipping fee and $40 admin fee of some kind. $720 was way too much. Glad I found Diamond Auto Glass.
CAM00249.jpg

CAM00249.jpg

Last edited:
I always go to the old time shop. The one that has been in business for many, many years..... they usually have the windshield or have the connection to get one for the old car.

Fury looks amazing

Look very nice Jared and I'm sorry to hear how shitty that shop treated your ride. Did the oil or whatever on the vinyl and glue on the trim come off?

Back