Looky what I found,Fury fans!

It is what it is folks. They ain’t all Hemi Cuda convertibles. Don’t cry when it goes for scrap or to the derby guys!

61F58814-98ED-4620-AC12-E9FF405DF3EC.jpeg

Kudos for the effort in trying to save the car. I see a fairly decent starting point for a good cruiser. If the trunk and stub frame are solid its not hard to get it back on the road. A 318 is a workhorse and parts are cheap. What the car is missing, or needs to be replaced is easily sourced or reproduced. The car is 50 years old, cut it some slack. I'm sure its aged better than most. The barn finds don't come along as often, work with what you can buy.

What a nice car this is. Two-door, console, air-cond., great colour, etc., what's not to like?

Ya gotta give Triple Pickle credit.
In a country that has the right to bear arms, lucky he did not get shot or pointed at by trespassing.

The 318 I assume why the car is still complete.
If it were a big block car,the vital organs may have been donated to a B body or an E body project.
Let's hope the owner does contact Triple Pickle and she goes to a new home.
Otherwise the SF may appear on an episode of Hoarders LOL!!

Looks solid enough, but why do so many look at it as a car to restore? Perfect car to shoot a coat of hot rod black primer to give it a RoadKill look or keep it and the worn patina as is and maybe even update the drivetrain with a modern Hemi and automatic. Who cares about the rust under the vinyl? Fiberglass matt and then recover - no one will be the wiser. Its all about fun, not trying to recreate its original condition, its a 318 for crying out load - its only original once and after that, it isn't. Some cars that get restored become upside down on money/time invested versus its "restored" resale condition - and this is one of those cars.

Looks solid enough, but why do so many look at it as a car to restore? Perfect car to shoot a coat of hot rod black primer to give it a RoadKill look or keep it and the worn patina as is and maybe even update the drivetrain with a modern Hemi and automatic. Who cares about the rust under the vinyl? Fiberglass matt and then recover - no one will be the wiser. Its all about fun, not trying to recreate its original condition, its a 318 for crying out load - its only original once and after that, it isn't. Some cars that get restored become upside down on money/time invested versus its "restored" resale condition - and this is one of those cars.
I don’t know what it is that makes some people here think the top is totally rotted off this thing. The bubbles under the top on the side is the filller that the factory slaps on the joint where the roof and quarter panels meet. If anyone doesn’t recognize that or has never seen it, I don’t know what to say.
Does the fact it’s a 318 make it that worthless? I don’t get that. Would it be cool if it was a big block? Sure.
If it was a factory 440 and ran like new it still wouldn’t keep up with a modern day soccer moms mini van.
I love old cars and c-bodies are my favorite, but it don’t take much to be upside down in one. I hope nobody is doing c-bodies as an investment!

I'd get it running, clean up whatever rot is under the vinyl roof and drive it, that car is a perfect daily. I'd not mind one bit if it was in my shed.

318 is one of my favorite engines .
I had several cars including 68 VIP and 87 Diplomat.
Reliable yet under-rated.

Those poor little 318s just work. The Poly 318s have wider bearings and more main web guts, but the LA 318s are plenty stout, too. In some of the early '70s model years, that little 318 had more hp and torque than the beloved Chevy 350 2bbl, as I recall. AND they lugged Travco Motorhomes all over the USA in the later '60s! The right combination of cam, carb size, etc. for that displacement, which is typical Chrysler "package" engineering.

CBODY67

And, with a 318, you can almost afford the gas to drive it, not a gas hog like the big drinkers.

I'm curious how many times, owners of a 69 Fury with the 29 option, get asked about their "Satellite/Roadrunner"?

And, with a 318, you can almost afford the gas to drive it, not a gas hog like the big drinkers.
That's true, I had many a 318 back when, Auto's and sticks. As I recall, I got about 15-16 MPG in general driving back then, maybe 18-20 highway but the memories fade, at time, was considered pretty good. My vert, 383 4bbl w/4 speed gets about 12-13 around town, haven't ever done enough highway to know what that is.

That's true, I had many a 318 back when, Auto's and sticks. As I recall, I got about 15-16 MPG in general driving back then, maybe 18-20 highway but the memories fade, at time, was considered pretty good. My vert, 383 4bbl w/4 speed gets about 12-13 around town, haven't ever done enough highway to know what that is.
I’ve driven a big block (400) on an 80 mile round trip back and forth to work on a daily basis recently. When gas prices start hovering at or above $3 a gallon it starts getting painfull at the pump.
A fresh 318 with a few modest performance upgrades will deliver decent get up and go yet won’t make your pocket book hurt so bad!
Everybody will still give you a thumbs up and wave out on the road and they’ll probably think it’s a big rompin stompin Hot Rod!

I’ve driven a big block (400) on an 80 mile round trip back and forth to work on a daily basis recently. When gas prices start hovering at or above $3 a gallon it starts getting painfull at the pump.

Haha....…..3 dollars.....funny ; you guys overthere don,t realise how lucky you are...:)

Hey Triple. If BLIMP don't work a deal let me know: I'll take her. I'm serious......if you can get ahold of the owner and if Blimp don't take let me know.

Last edited:
Back