My Summer Vacation, 2017... Junkyard Hunting, Family and Carlisle.

I learned my trick before there were seat buckles... :rolleyes:
We didn't have it so easy back then.
Growing up in a family of electricians, this, before insulated handles...

klein.jpg

Update, pics coming... in the am. Seems I am kind running in reverse of last year. After a long travel day and several arrangements yesterday, today started off kinda wet... but cleared up beautifully.

I spent about 6 hours in there... and still ran out of time before I dug to the other end. Many of the same old cars as last year's pictures... took pics till the camera died, shortly before I finished.
I found a few items that may be of interest to select individuals. Don't get too excited... the only list item so far has been a headrest... hope you like red John.

I stopped for the night at the Edgewater Inn again... wish this place was closer to Carlisle...

Hangin in PA
https://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar-forum/threads/hangin-in-pa.25495/#post-368555
Cost just slightly more than the redroof in Harrisburg tonight and I'm halfway to Pittsburgh. I made it just a enough before dark to get enjoy diner looking at the river. There were some pictures and discussion about my grandfather camping on the river and fishing with his grandfather while his father was working , building part of the PA turnpike... I don't think I will ever get the details of all of that straight... but my brother and I really enjoy this place, he's a little bummed not to be here.

What are you driving Jeff? You took the auto train up here right? You have a hitch on one of the twins?

What are you driving Jeff? You took the auto train up here right? You have a hitch on one of the twins?
I have a rental. I reserved a pickup, but they were out of fullsize, so I got to choose between a 60k mile suburban and a 5k mile expedition... I expected better fuel economy with the ecoboost...

Sorry, pics are going to be delayed again as I slept in till 5:30 and ran a morning errand, which didn't get any parts... but did get more pics. This place does a nice breakfast, included... and I'm going for it before I get back on the road.

What's the matter with you guys. I use the hinge on the car door....
Yes I've done that too Commando my friend, 'TIL I TOOK THE TOP AND HALF THE NECK OFF ONE WAY BACK WHEN. Now my chrome church key haz wooden handlez and I consider it part of my family and the zip-tiez are the size and strength of the onez the cops use when they run out of hand cuffz, lol

Back