New to me 1968 300 2 door hardtop

What a beautiful day! 65 and sunny!

image.jpg

We don't see enough of that one, do we??

Thanks. I think the magnum 500s are the best looking wheels on theses cars but wished I had 15s instead of 14s. With 215 70 14 tires and a 2.76 open rear the car will incinerate the rear passenger tire from a 20 mph roll. lol

Nicely optioned car and looks mostly original, is it?

Been repainted at one time but basically original a magnet will stick anywhere on it, so it is not a bondo buggy. Previous owner rebuilt the motor and it runs really strong has pertronix ignition and dual exhaust.

How many miles on it and where did it spend its life? Let me guess, north west?

66,000 miles. Car came from St.Louis Missouri it has the original dealer metal emblem still on the trunk lid from Glendale C-P which is still in business.

Passenger side window trim ordered from Murray Park and should be here Friday or Monday. The “almost spring swap meet” is this weekend so between that and sorting cows if I have enough time I’m going to put the car on my buddies lift and do a full inspection and fluid change and tune up. Ill be sure to take lots of pics.

Great find, and it's in remarkable shape for being ouside for a few years. VERY well kept interior, appears to have factory AC too. Is this Turbine Bronze? My knees go weak at that color........
CONGRATS - and give it some love!

Did a tune up on the 300. Plugs, wires, cap, rotor, points, condenser, air cleaner, fuel filter, radiator flush, oil and filter. Doing a tranny filter and fluid in a week or so. She is running pretty good now. Here is a video of the choke kicking down to idle after warming up for a few minutes.
[video=youtube_share;DIq2WQkekVY]http://youtu.be/DIq2WQkekVY[/video]

Last edited:
Back