New to me 1968 300 2 door hardtop

Tire guy says the tires of from ‘07 so that makes them 8 years old. I’ll start looking for some new tires but these ones should last me a while.
That's what I thought, just be careful and inspect them often if you insist on driving on them.

I love Mauve Fast tops.
Right after Turquoise. :D

Mauve was not available on '68 Chryslers. His car is M code for Turbine Bronze.

I can't say for certain if Mauve was available in '67 for the Chrysler, but I am fairly certain it was on Dodges and Plymouths... And... I think Ross's '67 Polara was originally Mauve. I don't know why some colors were not available through all the Chrysler Product makes. The L code dark turquoise in '68 was available on the Fury, Polara and Monaco, but not on a Chrysler.

Here's a mauve '66 and a couple bronze '67s...

66 Chrysler 300 (2).jpg

67 Newport (101).jpg

67 -NewYorker.jpg

66 Chrysler 300 (2).jpg

67 Newport (101).jpg

67 -NewYorker.jpg

You know Stan, I think those wheels actually look pretty good on that Newport.

I have a set on my very rough '68 300 conv. and it doesn't seem to pull it off like this car does.

Here's another pic if you have a '67 Newport **** folder...

67 Newport (100).jpg

67 Newport (100).jpg

That mauve '66 300 is gorgeous!

Tire guy says the tires of from ‘07 so that makes them 8 years old. I’ll start looking for some new tires but these ones should last me a while.

I'd say you have a couple years until replacement is necessaary. Just make sure there is no dry rot or cracking.

Car is looking great...Congrats on getting it started and moving down the road!

True Bias Ply tires do not have a shelf life like radials. As long as Bias tires are not dry rotten and cracked, they are still good to use. ;)

True bias ply? I don't follow. I got some bias ply tires that were sitting since '81-'82 and they looked perfect. Had to go through all 4 I st to use 2. One had a chunk out of the bead area, my bad for not noticing, but the other bad one had a terrible wobble, similar to a tread seperation.

I've always had old tires with little issues. Had chunks of tread come off little bits at a time once. made for a fun day, drive 10 miles add air, repeat. But thanks to the unavailability of any wide tires in 14" I will be getting 15" rims and tires, after I burn up the set on the car and one more set, if I need them.

Mauve was not available on '68 Chryslers. His car is M code for Turbine Bronze.

I can't say for certain if Mauve was available in '67 for the Chrysler, but I am fairly certain it was on Dodges and Plymouths... And... I think Ross's '67 Polara was originally Mauve. I don't know why some colors were not available through all the Chrysler Product makes. The L code dark turquoise in '68 was available on the Fury, Polara and Monaco, but not on a Chrysler.

Here's a mauve '66 and a couple bronze '67s...

View attachment 47507

View attachment 47508

View attachment 47509

Here's the Mopar paint charts from 1957-1979. Save it to your desktop or favorites, etc.

http://www.mopar1.us/chip/chips.html

Well it drove to and from work great! Going to park it till I can do a complete Fluid flush and a basic tune up including plugs and wires and what not

And no calls to a buddy to come with cables or a tow chain. Congrats.

That thought actually crossed my mind on the way to work lol The 40ish miles I have put on it after bringing her back to life have been flawless (knock on wood) the next time it will be driven it will have a full tune up. Didn’t realize how much fun it was going to be! I’m only 26 and have had 40ish cars, half of which being projects of some kind. Had lots of old trucks and jeeps. Currently have a 1956 Chevy truck and 1949 GMC truck. Never had an older big bodied car before and its growing on me!

On the way to and from work along with cruising on my lunch I got somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 thumbs up or waves or honks! I don’t get the much attention in my other rigs, but I guess my other ones are a dime a dozen. I didn’t even know what this car looked like when I was riding back to his house to check it out haha Cant say that I have ever seen one on the road before, or noticed one if I did.

I hope you keep the enthusiasm, these cars are a lot of fun.

You weren't around or at least don't remember that the whole "mauve" thingie is an FCBO joke.
It's mauve... :D

Yup, still don't know... :eusa_think: Mauvalous; Just mauvalous?
I must have been MIA, but I've been around a bit more lately... :wavesmile:

I hope you keep the enthusiasm, these cars are a lot of fun.

I don’t think the excitement is gonna fade on this one! Tonight when I get home I’m going to attempt to take the back seat out and look for the build sheet!! Any special tips or tricks anyone has for removing the rear seat? Sorry for all the noob questions lol

Back