YES, YES, YES!!! Firm Feel Rear Sway Bar

I'm sure TTI c body kit fits 65 to 73.
But they use the later years muffler mounting style on slabs,
Also they use 2 new style rubber cushions per tailpipe to give it the modern vibration isolation.
Just looked at mine and they are mounting brackets to the shock cross member. I remembered it wrong. Pics will follow later.

Pictures as promised.

Mounting brackets

UG4YU1k.jpg

Clearance between floor and pipe, just above seat belt anchor.

KeTEySn.jpg

A little farther up the pipe.

zM8u3O6.jpg

Like I said, I talked on the phone with both Fiirm Feel and TTI.
Made me somewhat nervous. I didnt want to mount the sway bar only to not have the tail pipes clear.
I installed the exhaust first and could not feed the sway bar into place. At this point I boxed up the sway bar and brackets.
In hindsight I figure I should have c clamped the sway bar brackets in place and seen how the tail pipes fitted. I had been working on this car all winter and was in a panic to get it on the road.
If someone can conferm that firm feel and tti can co exist on a 66 c body I would lower the tail pipes and install sway bar

Very interesting thread, I am definitely considering the rear bar. Since this just came back to life, did any of the original posters from 2015 to 2017 follow through with installation? If so what was your experience installing and how do you rate the results?

Very interesting thread, I am definitely considering the rear bar. Since this just came back to life, did any of the original posters from 2015 to 2017 follow through with installation? If so what was your experience installing and how do you rate the results?

If you read the thread then you'd know the original poster followed through plus myself.
I dididn'want to use the screws but would rather have welded to the frame. I used the screws however and to be honest I've forgotten that I did.

Easy install that greatly improves stability.
The OP had installation pointers that helped.

No, as stated the exhaust on my car is the original tail pipes. Again, Accurate and TTI have been considered for the replacement.

Thanks
I have experience with TTI
Fits nice, looks great. Close to factory exhaust but not exact.
When I was installing my TTI and had the FF sway bar, I as well couldn't get to pumped up about the cheezy screws. So I figured I'd install exhaust and then look closer at sway bay.
I tried to feed the sway bar into were it goes.. didnt take long to see that on 66 polara you cant get sway bar in with tailpipes in place.
I was scared to install the sway bar first and then not have tailpipe clearance.
Plus having the Ttti tech guy, who seemed quite familiar with FF stuff, tell me it wont fit influenced my decision. Or made me cautious.
I realize I should read all the posts and apologies for my lack of spare time and energy

I probably would have tried to install them at the same time. Perhaps have the pipes in place but loose. OR set the sway bar in and install the pipes loosely then bolt it all up.

I need to add that the Firm feel tech guy, who seemed quite familiar with TTI, said that every thing was fine.
So I would really like to hear from someone who has done it. Or not been able to do it

I agree. I chickened out. I did hold the bar under the leaf springs to get a idea how things looked. Was 2 winters ago. Dont remember, but just know I didnt feel good about it.
I probably would have tried to install them at the same time. Perhaps have the pipes in place but loose. OR set the sway bar in and install the pipes loosely then bolt it all up.

I agree. I chickened out. I did hold the bar under the leaf springs to get a idea how things looked. Was 2 winters ago. Dont remember, but just know I didnt feel good about it.
Send me the kit, and I'll install it on one of my cars and let you know how it all fits! :lol:

1 more thought.
I did install new Firm feel leaf springs, torsion bars, dont remember how thick, and their heavy duty sway bar on the front
My 66 polara dont bob and dive so maybe a rear sway bar is moot

1 more thought.
I did install new Firm feel leaf springs, torsion bars, dont remember how thick, and their heavy duty sway bar on the front
My 66 polara dont bob and dive so maybe a rear sway bar is moot

It is not! New springs are keeping it from bouncing and holding it stable a bit but the sway bar eliminates the "wanna roll" feeling in a curve and side to side.
I didn't replace the bars as Firm Feel suggested no need. The springs are ESPO springs, 7 leaf one inch over stock. The Shocks are Bilsteins. I think I'm real glad I have the bar.

There's a plan. Team work or just good old R&D
.you have 3 inch. The ultimate test.
We need to make this a little more interesting.
Hypothetical for now. I bring the stuff, you supply the tools.
I watch while you fight to disconnect your tailpipes.
I drink your beer while you apply first aid to the cuts and scrapes encountered .
We throw back shot or 2 of whiskey while we debate installarion procedure.
By now we are hungry and order pizza
Once fed it's back to work.
We beat the **** out your tailpipes trying to get clearance.
We realize it wont work.
I finish the beer while you apply more first aid.
Sounds like a excellent afternoon to me.
If nobody steps up with concrete knowledge as to TTI and FF sway bar fitting on same car I could be interested in this dibockel. Er I mean need to know project.
Send me the kit, and I'll install it on one of my cars and let you know how it all fits! :lol:

There's a plan. Team work or just good old R&D
.you have 3 inch. The ultimate test.
We need to make this a little more interesting.
Hypothetical for now. I bring the stuff, you supply the tools.
I watch while you fight to disconnect your tailpipes.
I drink your beer while you apply first aid to the cuts and scrapes encountered .
We throw back shot or 2 of whiskey while we debate installarion procedure.
By now we are hungry and order pizza
Once fed it's back to work.
We beat the **** out your tailpipes trying to get clearance.
We realize it wont work.
I finish the beer while you apply more first aid.
Sounds like a excellent afternoon to me.
If nobody steps up with concrete knowledge as to TTI and FF sway bar fitting on same car I could be interested in this dibockel. Er I mean need to know project.
He *may* share some beer, but don't expect him to not drink any............ :poke:
I may be interested in tickets for this show. :D:usflag::canada:

I have multiple cars to choose from, and both 2.5" and 3" pipes to work with.

Tools, check.
Beer, check.
Pizza, check.
I'll have to buy some whiskey.

I have multiple cars to choose from, and both 2.5" and 3" pipes to work with.

Tools, check.
Beer, check.
Pizza, check.
I'll have to buy some whiskey.
Hey, I even have a shop in the middle.......... May be a scramble to free up the lift though.

I'm thinking TTI or firm feel or both should sponsor the event.
Once and for all , get the facts out on the table. End all speculation.
I'm not a beer hog. Actually I dont drink much. But I do know the merits of some hooch for bringing out the whole story. Good bad or other
Get everyone to sign a waiver against liability and get down and dirty

Back