New to me 1968 300 2 door hardtop

No I have not started searching yet. I need to though, kinda disappointed that the original didn’t come with it! But I think having that will be extremely helpful.

Matt said the Factory Service Manual. Those didn't come with the cars.

Covers pretty much all you will need to work on your car

About $45-50 on ebay

$_12.JPG

I think you are thinking of the owners manual which is just the basic operation and features.

Raced home after work to put the wheels and tires on! Getting the skirts off was so simple thanks for the tips to build confidence! Question, did dealers put a year on the wheels? It was said that by my VIN my car was produced in late '67 for the '68 yeah and this was on one of my wheels. What do ya'll think??

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It does look great with those wheels but do have the tires inspected by someone to make sure they're not too old to use safely. I had a perfectly good looking set of tires on my Imp when I bought it but they were old and one lost its tread at highway speed damaging my inner fender beyond repair. It could have been a lot worse and I'm not the only one on this site that that's happened to. People by new tires for these cars but they are used so seldom that the tire can be bad from age and still have plenty of tread left on them.

Yep I read an article about that very thing. 6 years is the replacement mark on tires if you drive highways, and high speed. If just putting around town 10 years max. The tires have a date code on them to say how old they are.

I will stop by the local tire shop here in town and have them tell me what year they are. Thank you all for your concern! Couldn’t resist driving it into work today!

Work.jpg

Did you take the back seat cusion out allready.......maybe the buildsheet is behind the springs.

Resist driving it to work......

It drives like a dream! Cruises on the Freeway at 70mph better than any of my modern vehicles. Now I just need to get the heater fan working so I don’t freeze my but off! Gorgeous blue skies with a high of almost 60 today but it was 27 degrees this morning….

I haven’t taken the back seat out yet! But I am dying too! I have a few cords of wood to stack still so I probably won’t get to it for a few days… I can’t see a little old lady removing it lol and the back seat looks like it has never been sat in!

Tire guy says the tires of from ‘07 so that makes them 8 years old. I’ll start looking for some new tires but these ones should last me a while.

Back