Overhaulin:

I watched one of those pimp my ride retards rivet an aluminum strip that belongs in a kitchen over some RUST then cake it all with bondo... Its fixed! Yeah Right...

I like what foose does minus rims and paint... I'd be really happy to have the car, but I'd have to ditch the rims and get the car painted ONE color. just one. What color? Autum Bronze. What else? Nothing else. I'd probably end up with a winfield style fade job lol. And rims? Most episodes it seems like he blows the original rim up to a 22 or whatever. I have bad news. 71 Chrysler rallys look good at 15". Not so much as a 22...

Please quote where I said his cars suck.
Thank you.
Have you stopped beating your wife? Yes or no, please.

I did not direct that at you, I was simply making a statement. If you think it was directed at you specifically (show me that!), then that is the way it goes.

Some of the cars Foose does a great job with, and others I think are just OK. Whenever you send a car off to a builder and give them "free rein" over what can be done,then there is always going to be something questionable about someone's personal taste.Some people like lime green metallic cars and some don't.As far as quality work;your getting some of the best guys in the field of customizing and most of the work in a specific area of the field (ie. interiors,bodywork,suspension,paint,wiring,etc.).Foose has won the Riddler award a few times,which is top car builder award.Not everyone likes his style,which is fine.Some people are just diehard stock restoration fans while others like their cars personalized.Not everyone has fifty grand or more to do what he does to a vehicle,and if you don't think it costs that much,then start adding up everything he does in a build and then add labor cost too.A good quality show paint job will run anywhere from $5K-10K or more,and engine rebuild with chrome accessories another $10K,and the list keeps climbing.I particularly wouldn't mind seeing what he would do with a C-Body.It's not something that many people see customized so I think it may just surprise you!

Purists will hate it and some other people will hate it too, but I really, really like this car. :) I'm referring to the '60 Galaxie Starliner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thgFwvB-Bcw

It has a Foose look to it IMO.

The only this that would make it better for me, other than color, would be a A pillar with a curve in it, be it galaxy or some GM product of a similar year. For my eye it's missing curve in the A.. The wheels could be differnt, at that level you don't wanna just run Foose Nitrous. maybe something from colorado custom...

Chip Foose Mopar overhaulin01-dok-71-challenger-chip foose.jpgOverhaulin 722_Foose_Charger_Portrait.JPGOverhaulin -Foose terracudasema_lead.jpg

overhaulin01-dok-71-challenger-chip foose.jpg

Overhaulin 722_Foose_Charger_Portrait.JPG

Overhaulin -Foose terracudasema_lead.jpg

I'm sure they're very well done but those are definitely not my style, at all.

Different strokes for different folks... I don't like every Foose build. But I do love that 64 Fury. Big wheels and all. And in my opinion, that 66 Charger is way cooler than it would be in factory spec. The roofline on that car doesn't leave you with a lot to work with. I even like the enlarged chrome ralley wheels on (that) car. Just sayin I'd personally drive the balls off of the 64 Fury and his "Foose F100" the black 56 Ford truck that he built...

I would have him do a car for me in a heart beat, but he couldn't touch my Goldie I like her just the way she is.

11422553744_0904624bea_b.jpg

11422553744_0904624bea_b.jpg

One of my favorite episodes. 67 Coronet Rumble Bee. Nice transformation. But it wasn't Chips design.

overhaulin-chris-chip-flipped01.jpg

Cornet 67.JPGFoose-67-Coronet.jpg

overhaulin-chris-chip-flipped01.jpg

Cornet 67.JPG

Foose-67-Coronet.jpg

The 64 fury was my favorite episode by far. He is very talented, but not my cup of tea. I don't like two tone paint either or the big wheels, but I can surely appreciate his vision and final product. I have even daydreamed once about him getting my car and what my wife would say to him as an insider on the build. Just in case, I must have said HEMI in our house 50 times a day for two weeks.

i do however find this two tone absolutely beautiful....
image.jpg

image.jpg

Foose will never touch a C body because they are too difficult to get parts for, and they not supported by the aftermarket. That show is like most other car shows...one LONG commercial for Summit, OPG, etc...none of whom cater to the C body.

Everytime my son has that show on I tell my wife go ahead and enter my Charger with 3 resrictions one color, wheels 18" or less need at least 3/4 of original trunk space still availible, gotta have room for beer.:clock:

Foose will never touch a C body because they are too difficult to get parts for, and they not supported by the aftermarket. That show is like most other car shows...one LONG commercial for Summit, OPG, etc...none of whom cater to the C body.

You are right, but not if they choose to custom out the entire car. I was surprised by one of the newer shows with a 442 that the kids said that he wanted to keep the interior original, but they went down to a store and bought all new reproduction stuff. We don't have that option.

There's very very little fabrication on that show. It's all remove, buy, replace.
What needs to be fabbed gets subcontracted.
A '75 Imperial would get a Fatman stub frame, a Ford 9" rear on a 4 point suspension and a Year 1 crate 505 with a Holley FI.
Foose will lay down the tape and create a one of a kind key chain to match the car.

I can't stomach Jesse James but he can fabricate from scratch a perfect replica 1957 DeSoto Sportsman.

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
Foose would never touch a C-Body? Thank You Mr C, I never thought of that and it explains a lot. He walked rite past the Batwagon at Woodward in '08 and wouldn't even turn his head. Hell, We had eye contact and he wouldn't even nod ah howdy like I did. Maybe it waz because I walked by him when he was up on the stage in the ball diamond at 13+Woodward on the way to the guyz head and didn't slow down comin' or goin'.

Back