WTB: 1970-1971 Fury GT project / rolling body

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your're considered sort of a carnapper, Cars10 :)

Last edited:
Why does it make you unhappy Dave?
Because we aren't americans?
Or because the cars are currently not in the US?

Carsten

I think it's kinda sad for a beautiful piece of American design to be shipped overseas but I am THRILLED that the cars are going to guys who love them. All car guys are pretty much the same I think.

There's way too many of these cars sitting & rotting in fields, being fed to the crusher or derby'd. Going to a car guy in Europe is ok with me.

I'd like to see it stay here in the U.S. too, but going overseas still beats the junk yard or derbies.

We're not an isolated force anymore. We are now part of a global economy.
I hear Trabants are cheap.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

We're not an isolated force anymore. We are now part of a global economy.
I hear Trabants are cheap.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

As a former Corvette owner you're familiar with fiberglass. Go for it, would make at least a nice golf cart.:)

I'm always the same, havent' some say I haven't changed since I ended school.
Christmas is humbug.:)

Last edited:
but it is no big deal guys. They aren't gone if they are overhere. A bunch of Mopars have been shipped back in the past.
Even I sent one back

Carsten

As a former Corvette owner you're familiar with fiberglass. Go for it, would make at least a nice golf cart.:)
Trabants weren't F/G. They were some weird organic material impregnated with wax to keep them from deteriorating. I am SHOCKED you did not know that.

You're right I oversimplyfied also by lack of vocabulary. Both should be resine soaked plastics, but only the old Corvettes are fiberglass, while the Trabant was some sort of cloth that was resine soaked. There were some prewar and at least one West German car with impregnated composition leather and wood framing though.
Never cared for Trabants, being West German it doesn't appeal to me.

Last edited:
I remember when the wall came down and East Germans were in mass exit to the west. We were in Grafenwohr doing our battle maneuvers and live fire. and the call for ceasefire came over the radio...we quietly took our Self Propelled Howitzers and other tracked vehicles and loaded them up on the rail cars and sent them back to Augsburg and we convoyed our wheeled vehicled back home. The autobahns were littered with these blown up crapola cars. Especially on the steep inclines. What a day that was!!!

:sFl_america2:

There's always one more step to get lower, don't worry. Besides, you mentioned it first. So we can rule out Dodge fever from what you had the last couple of days. :)

Last edited:
Hello

Me too fc7.I just want to find a good home for it because I have a few projects ahead of it.I will not give it away.I'd rather see it crushed before that happens.Thanks for the advice.

Hello there, just spotted this post. Can I please ask do you still have the '70 Sport Fury GT? Been looking for a while now, green and no drivetrain doesn't really bother me, just would like a decent '70 SFGT project.

Thanks for your time, you seem to have a nice collection of cars.

Cheers, Aidan

Old thread for sure. From what I was told, the Trabants were made of a cardboard type material with formaldehyde & resin mixture. Nothing like that new car smell with a little vodka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back