Kind of a sad day...

dude69300

Reaction score
image.jpg
got a call yesterday from a guy that was interested in buying my 300, he heard from a buddy of mine that I was selling it. The strange part is that it was the same guy that went with me to look at the car almost 27 yrs ago, I haven't seen or heard from him all this time. We were at a cruise in back then and I started to talk with him about his car, he had a '71 300, and I mentioned that I was going to look at a '69 300 the next day and he offered to go with me to check it out.
He came over to look at my car yesterday, spent about 20 min looking it over and asked what I wanted for it. I told him my price and he said right away "I'll take it". No haggling, no stupid insulting low balling counter offer, he said that he could see that it was a very nice clean car and wouldn't even consider trying to beat me down on the price. In all my yrs of selling things I've never had a sale go so easily, it restores my faith in people, there are some good people left in the world I guess.
I priced it fairly, there are just a few things that will need attention in the future, basically cosmetic things. He can still have these items addressed and not be upside down in the value of the car. I didn't give the car away and yet didn't put a stupid sky high price on it either, we both were happy in the end.
He wants to drive it this wkend after I get it out of storage mode, change the oil, check all fluids, tire pressure, etc. I was out in the garage last nite cleaning the interior and taking out the the stuff in the trunk when it hit me, I'm really going to miss the ol' girl, this vehicle was my favorite over all the cars I've owned through the years, kinda sad that it's really happening

That is certainly a mixed bag of emotions. I'm glad he didn't beat you up over the price. When I bought my NYer I didn't haggle either. I felt the price was fair so I simple said I wanted the car.

View attachment 117678 got a call yesterday from a guy that was interested in buying my 300, he heard from a buddy of mine that I was selling it. The strange part is that it was the same guy that went with me to look at the car almost 27 yrs ago, I haven't seen or heard from him all this time. We were at a cruise in back then and I started to talk with him about his car, he had a '71 300, and I mentioned that I was going to look at a '69 300 the next day and he offered to go with me to check it out.
He came over to look at my car yesterday, spent about 20 min looking it over and asked what I wanted for it. I told him my price and he said right away "I'll take it". No haggling, no stupid insulting low balling counter offer, he said that he could see that it was a very nice clean car and wouldn't even consider trying to beat me down on the price. In all my yrs of selling things I've never had a sale go so easily, it restores my faith in people, there are some good people left in the world I guess.
I priced it fairly, there are just a few things that will need attention in the future, basically cosmetic things. He can still have these items addressed and not be upside down in the value of the car. I didn't give the car away and yet didn't put a stupid sky high price on it either, we both were happy in the end.
He wants to drive it this wkend after I get it out of storage mode, change the oil, check all fluids, tire pressure, etc. I was out in the garage last nite cleaning the interior and taking out the the stuff in the trunk when it hit me, I'm really going to miss the ol' girl, this vehicle was my favorite over all the cars I've owned through the years, kinda sad that it's really happening

I really like your car and especially the color. That pale ivory / yellow comes off so classy with that tan vinyl roof.

Why did you decide to sell the car? Are you acquiring another?

That is a super nice looking car. The new owner must be ecstatic. I'm glad you had a good experience with the buyer. I know the mixed bag feeling. When I sold my last Monaco, I too got little guff on the deal but spent the next 13 years wishing I'd not done it.

It is hard to sell stuff in which you've invested many hours of labor and TLC. Back in '66 I saw a used '64 Fury 2drht that was loved at first sight, I didn't even question the seller's price, I just bought it as is. It was a little 318 push-button automatic and I loved it. In 1969 I suckered myself and traded it in for a 1 year old 68 Fury convertible. It was also a 318, but being a much heavier car was a dog compared to the little '64, so I dumped it less than a year later and ordered my '70 Fury convertible which I still have. But you know, I still look wistfully at any '64 Fury's I see and if I come across a nice one that's for sale, I might just have to own it.:) My '70 Fury on the other hand will never be sold by me!

I really like your car and especially the color. That pale ivory / yellow comes off so classy with that tan vinyl roof.

Why did you decide to sell the car? Are you acquiring another?
Well I decided to sell it cause I have another mopar that I want to do some further mods to, but it's a B body! It's gotten to the point that it doesn't make sense to do all the maintenance to both cars when I drive them both only about 250 miles each a yr.
I don't plan on buying another C body but youneverknow

Back